Monday 30 December 2013

Homemade Granola with nuts and seeds



This granola was part of my homemade Christmas goodies that I gave away this year. I have had quite a lot of feed back about it so I thought I would share the recipe. I don't like my granola very sweet as I usually eat it with fruit but you can always add more honey to your taste. You can of course change the nuts and dried fruit in the recipe to whatever you fancy.

I made this recipe times 5 and it filled 12 x 1L jars and made just under 10kg of Granola. This recipe is more domestic kitchen friendly and makes around 2 kg.


Homemade Granola with nuts and seeds

320g whole oats
60g sesame seeds
80g sunflower seeds
60g coconut shavings or chips
200g pumpkin seeds
120g cashew nuts, chopped
200g blanched almonds, chopped

40g honey
60g unsweetened apple puree
100g coconut oil

200g dates, chopped
200g apricots, chopped
60g Goji berries
60g linseed

Place the first seven ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
Heat the honey, coconut oil and apple puree over a low heat until everything is melted.
Pour into your oat seed mix and mix well.
Spread out on to two trays and place in a 160 degree oven stirring every 10 minutes until everything is a nice light golden colour.
Cool and then add in your chopped fruit and linseed.

Keeps in a airtight container for about 3 months.


No comments:

Post a Comment