Monday 9 December 2013

Beetroot, carrot and courgette salad with orange and herbs


This is quick, easy and refreshing salad that took no time at all to whip up. Most of the time I enjoy cooking dinner, even when I cook all day at work. Other times I just want to get it over and done with so I can relax and enjoy the rest of the evening. This salad was definitely made so I could relax and enjoy the rest of the evening and it even turned out pretty good!

I was going to shred all these vegetables on my mandolin but it appeared that my mother has borrowed it. Then I was going to use the grater attachment on the food processor but I couldn't find it. I did however find the slicing attachment so I just went with it as I was running out of options and cutting it by hand wasn't one! Anyway you could use any of the above options and it would work perfectly fine.

I better stop going on and tell you the recipe huh? It's as simple as this!

2 beetroot, peeled
1 carrot, peeled
1 courgette, ends trimmed
1 stick of celey
1/2 a small red onion
a small bunch of dill and parsley, chopped
salt and pepper

Dressing
Juice of one orange
1-2 T red wine vinegar
1-2 T Virgin olive oil
salt and pepper

Cut the vegetables to fit the chute of your food processor and fire them through. Place in a bowl and add the chopped herbs. Mix up the dressing and add to the vegetables. Season and adjust the vinegar if necessary. If it is too sharp add a bit more olive oil. 

Serves 2.

We served this with some fresh fish and new potatoes.



No comments:

Post a Comment